· Skinny Singles Shootout every Monday for 6 weeks starting Jan 18 at 2:00 pm
· Mixed Doubles Shootout every Friday for 6 weeks starting Jan 22 at 2:00 pm
· Women's Shootout every Monday at 2:00 pm starting Mar 8 (1:30 warm-up/check-in)
· Men’s Shootout every Friday at 2:00 pm starting Mar 12 (1:30 warm-up/check-in)
· All levels of play from Advanced Beginner to Advanced/Competitive Player can and should participate in the Shootout. The structure of the Shootout will have you playing only with other players of similar skill, beginners will not be playing with/against advanced players.
· 24 players will be in each Shootout (Need a multiple of 4, max 24 players)
· Players will be rank ordered by skill level from 1 – 24. The top 4 players will be on Court 1; next 4 ranked players on Court 2; continuing to the 4 least experienced players on Court 6. (Don’t worry/fret over your initial ranking. After 1 – 2 Shootouts you will automatically move up or down based on actual games played results).
· The 4 players on each court will play a 3 game round robin on that court (play 1 game with each of the other 3 players). Each game will be played to 11, win by 1. So, 33 maximum points can be scored. The high score player(s) will move up a court and the low score player(s) will move down a court.
· After changing courts based on Round 1, a second 3 game round robin will be played. Based on the Round 2, 3 game score, players will again move up or down a court if they are the high or low scorer. The court assignment after Round 2 is where the player will start in the Shootout the next week.
· The combined six game score for each player for each Shootout will be recorded as a percentage of 66 (Example: 53 total points out of 66 possible = 80.3%). Over an extended time (6 – 10 Shootouts) the average percentage earned by a player can be used for seeding future WRPBC events.
· Once you play in the first Shootout, you will automatically be entered in the next week’s Shootout. If you cannot play in the next Shootout, you must email email@example.com to withdraw 48 hours prior to the Shootout.
Any questions/clarifications please see Lesli Link at the pickleball courts or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· 10 Teams, Nine Week League, One Match per week for each team. Play starts week of October 19th.
· 4 players per team: 2 Men; 2 Women
· Each weekly match consists of 5 games: Women’s Doubles; Men’s Doubles; Mixed Doubles 1; Mixed Doubles 2; One Singles Game. (Singles game will be a random draw of one of 4 possible match ups: Men’s 1’s; Men’s 2’s; Women’s 1’s; Women’s 2’s).
· All 4 Doubles Games in a match will be played best 2 out of 3 to 11, win by 2. The Singles Game will be 1 game, first to 11 points (win by 1).
· For each scheduled weekly match, the two team captains will set the day and time for the match. (In the event of vacations or other conflicts, the match can be scheduled the week prior to or the week after the league scheduled week. If a team forfeits a match, it will be scored as a loss and the other team will receive a win).
· Scoring sheets for each match will be in the “Team League” bin in the right side storage box at the courts. Team captains are responsible for completing the score sheet for each match. Completed match sheets will be placed in the marked folder in the “Team League” bin.
- Email Address
- Cell/Text Number
- 3 Potential Teammate Names (Not required)
PLEASE SIGN UP BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9TH
· Teams will be set/finalized by the League Commissioners. Preference in teammates will be given to spouses and indicated potential teammates, however “Competitive Balance” of teams will be a significant factor in setting final teams.
· Final team rosters and league schedule will be sent out the week before play begins.
Copyright © Wickenburg Ranch Pickleball Club - All Rights Reserved.